About the Trogir flotilla
The Trogir flotilla explores the coast down to Trogir, taking in places large and small. It’s an intermediate level flotilla, ideal for those with some previous experience.
Quick Choices - Zaton Flotillas
|Difficulty:||Intermediate||Base: Zaton||Airport: Split|
|Flights from:||Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Belfast|
|Qualifications:||to sail yourself: minimum RYA Day Skipper Practical or ICC plus one person with VHF certificate.|
|Other options:||Skippers available or combine your flotilla with an RYA sailing course.|
Of course the flotilla visits the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trogir, steeped in history. En route, the flotilla stops at the delightful village of Rogoznica. The village is set in an excellent natural harbour.
You also have a chance to visits the “island village” of Primosten. Primosten is now connected the mainland by a causeway. Finally, you will heading to the waterfalls of the Krka National Park.
The flotilla has an associated RYA sailing school. So you can take a qualification whilst enjoying the flotilla. 2020 Dates and Route Map
View the Trogir flotilla on a map
|Trogir||23rd||6th 20th||4th 18th||1st 15th 29th||12th 26th|
See About the maps for Key and more information. You can see photos of the area in the Dalmatia North gallery and the Dalmatia Central gallery. For what’s included see Flotilla inclusions and options.
Trogir Flotilla Itinerary
All routes may be subject to change for weather and operational reasons. Your Lead Crew will keep you advised during the week. Flotilla names may differ from those used by the operator.
|Average||21||Note: you will do more miles than this!|
|1: Sat||0||Check in at Zaton Marina, Sibenik.|
- Rogoznica Rogoznica is a charming and well protected harbour, marina and anchorage on what can be a very windy stretch of coastline. With its delightful old “island” village there is more to this town than first meets the eye. Pick up a buoy; drop the hook, back onto the quay or choose a marina berth, Rogoznica ... Read more
- Trogir Trogir is not to be missed. A beautiful medieval town crammed with renaissance and Romanesque architecture, Trogir, oozes with an understated sophistication that will charm even the most jaded cynic. Moor your boat among the many other yachts than stop here and enjoy a night of revelry in surroundings of relaxed elegance.
A World Heritage Site ... Read more
|4: Tue||9||A bay on Brac or Solta such as|
- Sesula (Solta) Sesula is a small narrow inlet at the west end of the island of Solta, just south of Maslinica. It’s a pretty spot and provides good shelter. It lacks a beach but you can swim off the boat. There’s a dive centre here where you can hire scuba gear.
Sesula is made more popular by its proximity to Split and ... Read more
|5: Wed||19||Free sailing. Why not try:|
- Primosten A small holiday town centred on an island now connected to the mainland by a causeway. The walls that once surrounded the old town have long gone, bar the gate through which one enters the main square.
The square provides an excellent place for various events through the summer but is a bit over restored for ... Read more
- Skradin / Krka River / Krk National Park It’s worth a visit to Skradin just to sail up the river, but once there, a trip in to the Krk National Park is a must. After mooring your yacht, a short ferry boat ride takes you to the park entrance from where you can walk up to the first of 7 waterfalls which total ... Read more
- Zaton Zaton is a small fishing and farming town. It lies at the north west end of Sibenik Bay, about 4nm from Sibenik itself.
The village nestles at the foot of the Rastovac, Križeva Glava and Glavica Hills. There is a small charter base offering flotillas, bareboat charters and learn to sail courses.
Traditional stone buildings surround the natural ... Read more
|8: Sat||0||Check out and depart|
More about the Hvar Flotilla
The Trogir flotilla sails from Zaton, near Sibenik. The nearest airport is Split, about 50-60 minutes drive away. The operator offers optional airport transfers.
Split is well served by direct flights from the UK. These are mainly with the low cost carriers though Croatia Air offer flights from Heathrow (generally expensive).
The associated RYA Sailing School offers RYA Day Skipper, ICC and Competent Crew courses. These can either be done by taking an instructor on board, or taking a berth on a Tuition Yacht. You can also join the Tuition Yacht as a spectator only. This enables those not wanting a yacht to themselves to sail with the flotilla.